Featuring new originals & covers everyday...well...most days.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

YouTube Treasure Hunt #4

If you don't know the rules to these 'Treasure Hunts', they are as follows:
1. Set YouTube search options to "Music", "Relavence" & "Today".
2. Type in "Original Song" & hit the search button.
3. Look through the first 7 pages of results...only the first 7.
4. Anyone who sits down in front of a camera & sings an original song could be featured in the "YouTube Treasure Hunt". I do try to find lesser known YouTubers with around 100 subscribers or less, but that part is flexible.

I've tried doing my searches at different times throughout the week, since some people only upload on certain days. This time I did my search late Saturday, and I was extremely disappointed with the findings. I would normally try to feature 7 videos, but I couldn't find 7 worth sharing. I'll try to remember that Saturday night is a bad time to do my search in the future. Even though I didn't find much, I'll share the best of what I found.

If Ugly People Die (543 subs)
David Leggett has more subs then the average person I feature in these treasure hunts, but he's more talented then the average YouTuber as well. This song made me laugh, and it got me to check out the rest of his channel. I ended up subscribing for the time being, and hope to see more gems like this.

The Hybrid Song (1 sub)
This song uses a technique called "hybrid picking", and I found it interesting. Apparently that's "where you finger pick with a flat pick". I know nothing about it really, and it's the first video from YouTuber 'calebsj'.

Dad Got A Job In The City (2 subs)
Kate Pendragon is the last person I'm including in the blog. The rest of the stuff I saw was just awful. Maybe next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment