Featuring new originals & covers everyday...well...most days.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

YouTube Treasure Hunt #7

I never know what I'm going to find on these treasure hunts. Last week I only found 2 videos good enough to be framed in the magnificent yellow of Spintown. This week I found a couple good original songs, and some others that showed promise. I did my search during the middle of the week this time, and as usual I'm sharing the best of what I found following the rules posted below.

If you don't know the rules to these 'Treasure Hunts', they are as follows:
1. Set YouTube search options to "Music", "Relavence" & "Today".
2. Type in "Original Song" & hit the search button.
3. Look through the first 7 pages of results...only the first 7.
4. Anyone who sits down in front of a camera & sings an original song could be featured in the "YouTube Treasure Hunt". I do try to find lesser known YouTubers with around 100 subscribers or less, but that part is flexible as you'll see.

Dulci Girls (2,682 subs)
Emily Edwards, Gemma Rosevear & Dizzi Dulcimer Performing an original composition called "Family Song". I should mention the sub count next to each artist is the count at the time I first saw these videos.

dizzid11

Derek Filson (8 subs)
"Sleepwalking" is a cool instrumental by a fellow Ohioan.

derekf08

Amber Janssen (46 subs)
"Icy Embrace" isn't a bad song, but a better microphone would help.

biesekeamber

Jesse (6 subs)
I thought "Snow Cat" was a cute little song, but he needs to work on his performance a little. I'm sure he's reading the music, but it causes him to look like he's boring himself. Good little song though.

OutlawToys

Brittney Cash (11 subs)
Why does "Doesn't Matter" remind me of Jewel's "Who Will Save Your Soul"?

BuzzyBee1989

2 x 2 Originals
Anna Rayburn AKA wizrockitout - A Ukulele Lament (6 subs)
Amanda Shechtman AKA amandals68 - The Light (1 sub)
Emily Coates AKA iris557 - Joey (0 subs)
Ryan Magor AKA 2etribution - Broken Kiss (15 subs)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I agree about my performance. I am not a performer. I think I do alright when I am just jamming by myself but when I am around people or trying to record video I am just to aware of everything else and get distracted. I can go through a song great and then as soon as I try to record my brain kicks in and it ends up taking 15 takes to get a marginal video and by then I am wore out and just put it up.
    =^)

    ReplyDelete